Sunday, June 24, 2012

What Do I Do With That?

Hello, World!
You know those products that you see online or in the store that you absolutely LOVE and that you must have NOW?!! So you buy them. And then you get them home and think, "OK. This is awesome, but what do I do with it?" Well, these die-cut states from Studio Calico fit that description for me. I saw them at CHA and counted the days until ScrapHappy carried them. I'm a traveller. I'm a scrapbooker. You would think this would be easy, right? Sadly, it wasn't. I looked at them and pondered them for ages. I placed them on layouts (without adhesive, of course). I took them off those same layouts. I moved them around...and around...and around...and still they called to me. Until I had a serious BAM! moment, and I realized I didn't have to use them for layouts. I could use them all together as a map puzzle!
First, I had my Kid arrange them on cardstock (I still had hopes of making this a layout, but alas, they wouldn't all fit right on a 12x12 piece of cardstock). Then I decided to use a cork background and put my 'puzzle' in a frame - and you know what? It worked perfectly! After adhering the states to the cork, I added rhinestone stars to each state - bigger stars for where I've lived, and smaller stars for where I've visited. I then enclosed my puzzle background in the frame and added a title to the exterior of the glass with Thickers and Kaiser Craft letter stickers.


No comments:

Post a Comment